Dear Room 17 and Ms Ashby,
I hope you are having a good time at school.
Since I left you I have been in Singapore and Ireland.
In Singapore my favourite thing was the swimming pool at the airport. It was my favourite thing because it was big and outside and you watch the planes take off.
I am in Ireland at the moment and I'm having a great time!
I am at the Skibbereen library writing this email to you.
We have been to Dublin. We went to the Kilmainham jail. It was very interesting because when we were out in one of the courtyards the guide asked me how old I was and he said I could have been in that jail (about a hundred years ago). There were kids in there from 8 years old and they were there because they had stolen potatoes or a cloak to keep her warm.
The jail rooms, called cells, were dark and cold and tiny. They had nothing in them except for a little tiny window. Prisioners were allowed 1 blanket and a small candle. Some people chose to go to jail during the famine, because they were starving, and at least they got some food.
Missing you all.
Kind regards
Lily
ps. Next we are going to Edinburgh.
No comments:
Post a Comment